17 May 2013

Hold back and don't overdo it!!!

Today I decided to drive too and from work instead of cycling. Why? It's simple, I really don't want to do myself any damage by overtraining. I have read loads of books on what to do and not to do. I could feel this morning my legs really hurt and getting out of bed was physically hard work! I have been feeling a little lethargic yesterday and today, plus I just want to be able to pace myself. I do literally have a long road ahead and with a good training program up my sleeve I should be ok in the long run.

Training for my first big sportive ride the Great Manchester Cycle is my current short term aim. My next time on the bike will be Tuesday as I am looking after the kids all weekend and have to drop off/pick up on Monday. Long ride Thursday is still to be planned but I am still wanting to defeat the Monks lane monster. I shall keep you posted as to what I think and do.

No comments:

Post a Comment