12 Jun 2013

Ride on film!!

Well when I say on film what I really mean is one of my mates from work got me on camera using his helmet cam as we went for a short ride though Stockport and up the hill to Denton then on to Hyde. It does however give you a little idea on the speed we can travel at plus how nice it is to ride by bike from a cyclist point of view.

The video itself can be found here and as you can see its quite a hot sunny day in Stockport and I really should have been wearing a short sleeve jersey not a long sleeve practically wool thing I had on. Got a little on the hot and sweaty side really. But all good fun and a nice bit of training for the commute home too.

Anyway onward and upward. I am starting to really log some miles plus doing the longer rides at weekends is great too. I am thinking about doing something like the following at the weekend.




Create Maps or search from 80 million at MapMyRide


Now this will be quite a hard one all be it only really has two hills in it. However one of those two hills is called Cragg Vale which just happens to be part of the Tour De France route for 2014 too.

A chance to ride in the Tyre tracks of cycling greats me thinks!!

So will be this or possibly a lap of the M60 but I certainly need to be putting in some distance that is for sure.

I will keep you posted and see how it goes at the weekend. Happy riding :)

No comments:

Post a Comment