25 Jul 2013

Once more unto the breach dear friend!

This weekend I will be riding in the Jodrell Bank summer sportive starting from Poynton a few miles from my house.

It is going to be a lovely summer ride through the Cheshire countryside for just over 100 miles.

"You must be mad!" I hear you say, well yes indeed I must be indeed. But non the less I have said I am going to do it, so I will be doing it all over Cheshire past Crewe and all the way back again. You can see THE ROUTE that I will be taking is quite a long one but it should be fun non the less.

I only wish I had a helmet camera so I could share some of the sights I see as I ride around the countryside.

So, my bike got serviced last night and all my energy gels and drinks are all found and back where they should be ready for use. I did nearly get knocked off my bike twice today and I have a tendency to think that in the run up to sportive weekends I always have bad luck. I have hurt my ankle again but thankfully it is just a bruise and will be gone by the weekend.

The only question now is, do I ride the 11 miles to the start or do I drive?

I am planning to cycle but I do think that it will be a painful ride home after a long day on the saddle. On the other hand I think it is a good way to further work on my endurance too.

I am getting quite excited though. I have already cycled nearly 60 miles this week so far, so in addition to the 100 mile sportive and a 22 mile round trip to get there and back, I will have topped nearly 200 miles for the week!! not bad going I say and a good direction to be heading in (literally).

I will post on my blog a day or two after I finish as I guess I will be in bits when I get back on Saturday.

I do think even though the sportive does lack the "killer mile" it will have one or two of the big hills in there to make me sweat and burn my legs! If you follow me on Strava you will be able to see how I do real time plus if you are crackers enough follow the same route and probably beat all my times through each of the segments.

All I have to do is not be last back too! anything more than that is a good day out.



Happy riding :)



No comments:

Post a Comment