1 Aug 2013

Cancel my last!!!

Last weekend was an all round disaster as things go! As you know I was all keyed up and ready to ride in the Jodrell bank summer sportive when on Friday night my oldest daughter decided to be ill. It just so happened she was sick in the front or my car on the way home from a hog roast we went too that evening. My car will never smell the same again!!! I didn't think it would be very fair on my wife to leave her with an ill child so I could go off riding my bike so I voluntarily said I would stay home to look after her. Lynne actually turned round and said as I have done this off my own back she would happily let me go and registered myself on the ride with brad sportive on August 11th. This sounds great to me as not only is it another chance to ride with Bradley Wiggins and quite a few of the team Honda girls but it also gives me the opportunity to get another 100miles under my belt. :)

This coming weekend I am taking part in the DM Keith Skoda sportive from Wakefield. This was supposed to be a good 60ish mile hilly workout but last night I received an email saying they are having to cut the route by 20 miles so it will be around 40 miles instead! Not too happy about that as I could just go and do that closer to home for free, plus it brings into question about the route being signposted or not! Well I shall find out soon enough.

Anyway as for today I am taking my daughter into Manchester to see some dinosaurs. It was at her request too.

Training wise I have been doing some turbo trainer sessions to keep me going and make my legs and lungs burn. I will get out on my bike (I hope) this week before the event this weekend and put some real mileage in as I certainly need too plus I miss it.

I shall keep you posted.

Ride happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment