10 Mar 2013

Bike back in order!

I have managed to make the repairs to my bike after the crash I had a few weeks ago. It has been a while but it's not like I will be riding it any time soon.

I did actually notice when I rode it last the the chain was a bit stiff and seemed to jump a little. This was of course a lack of lubrication on my chain. When I took it off yesterday it was completely stiff and rusted. Oops! I stripped all the rust and old grease off using some white spirit and then bathed the chain in a tub filled with wax oil and worked the chain until it was all working again. I can only hope my chain isn't completely buggered.

Most of the crash damage was on the bikes handlebars. Thankfully they were not bent, just the bar tape damaged that I also replaced.

Oddly enough my saddle also got a chunk taken out of it. Must have been from when my bike hit me in the back of the head! I haven't replaced this yet (the saddle not my head!) but will do at some point sooner or later.

Now my bike is back and ready for use. Hopefully I will be back on it in just a few weeks time. I miss cycling!!!



1 comment:

  1. The broken flower pot in the background is a nice touch. Shame it's been sat there for so long!

    ReplyDelete