22 Apr 2013

First workout since Feb!

Tonight I just completed my fist workout since my crash in February.

I now have a dvd to work out too as I cycle on my turbo trainer and it really does push you hard.
This is an example of the sort of things you see on the DVD I have been using.

All I did was the warm up and the first 10 minutes of the race and I was sweating big time.
Very sweaty after just 25 minutes!

It really did feel good though. I can defiantly tell that my left leg is weaker than my right at the minute but on the plus side my ankle doesn't hurt at all. I think the only thing that really suffered is my fitness as I used to be able to do this level of training without being totally wiped out afterwards.

My bike does feel like it is set up perfect however and I still enjoy riding it.

This is my bike set up on the turbo trainer with the dogs looking slightly bemused in the background.

I will be doing the same again tomorrow night and the night after, I know I have a lot of catching up to do on my fitness if I am going to take part in and enjoy all the rides I want to do this year.

Still doing it all with a huge smile on my face though as I still really enjoy cycling.

Great stuff! Keep an eye out for more as I get out on the roads again and get those miles in!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment