20 Apr 2013

Upgrade complete!

Well today I finished upgrading my bike again.

This time I have changed the front forks and headset for carbon forks and a thread less headset. I have learnt over the past month or two while trying to carry out this upgrade that old bikes have 1 inch diameter headsets and steer tubes, while "modern, newer" bikes have 1 and 1/8 inch headsets. Now that was a big marketing ploy if ever I saw one. It did make finding a headset and forks a lot more difficult as I have the old type of parts, but putting it all together was interesting. Yes it did involves swearing and then the stark realisation that I would also have to get a new type of front brake too. Hence only finishing the bike today. Now it's all just a question of when I can get to ride it again.



Well I am planning on going on the turbo trainer a few times this week and if I am feeling really brave I may even ride to work on Friday. I also have an ulterior motive for cycling in on Friday too. I am promoting the CDL cycling club at work on Friday lunchtime and what better way than turning up on my bike. Besides which tuning up looking injured due to a cycling related accident would really encourage people to cycle one feels.

Oh well I will build up my efforts and keep plodding on!

I am really looking forward to using my bike though.

Happy cycling!

No comments:

Post a Comment