26 Apr 2013

Great end to the week!!!

After work today I thought I had better cycle home the quick route as I know "The Wife" is going out to her friends birthday party tonight. I cycled the just over 8 miles home to find that "her in doors" was in fact not indoors but still out with the kids. "Aha!" I thought to myself and (probably in a kind of tempting fate kind of a manner) decided instead to go for a quick power up a Cat 5 hill just around the corner from my house adding a a few more miles to my training and another good climb to the books. We do like more miles and hills when we can get them in!

That put me in double figures for the trip and made it just a smidgen short of 11 miles (I felt robbed as I would have preferred 11 not 10.98). Now with burning legs and lungs on fire after what wasn't a particularly hard ride, but as I am not used to it anymore it made me feel good.

I did enjoy just getting out and riding for pleasure and not just commuting again.

Well I have in all this week done over 40 miles and in total over 5 1/4 hours of exercise. I will be slowly building things up as I go along and without doubt will be able to get myself back to a peak level of fitness sooner rather than later.

For any of you that are interested you can also follow me on Twitter @MattRB78 or just use the link on the bar next to this page.

I think it is going to be a case of the weekend off this weekend as I have nothing planned cycling wise and I wouldn't want to over do it too. Got to rest my legs and let them recover from the shock of going from Zero to full speed in a short period. My ankle thankfully isn't giving me any problems and I can feel everything getting stronger and better on a daily basis. See perhaps they do need to prescribe cycling as a treatment on the NHS. now would that be a turn up for the books.

Anyway I am going to go plan my next big ride now and I am thinking of the local hill that is in the book another 100 top road bike climbs. It is near here and it is just so tempting.

Chew Road Climb number 173!!! Should I ???


Create Maps or search from 80 million at MapMyRide

No comments:

Post a Comment