5 Feb 2013

Argh! Not more snow!

Well I woke up this morning to find that we had a good 4 or 5 inches of snow overnight. Thankfully I had no plans to cycle to work today and infact had to drop both the kids off at nursery and school.
Lots of people out on the roads clearly forget how to drive when it's a bit snowy so the pre-requisite traffic jam had developed in Hyde (and the surrounding area). This just made for a really long journey to get across Hyde (40 minutes), but strangley enough I the got to work in only 20 minutes. Not too down on my time in the end.

Tonight it was turbo trainer night. I only made for a 25 minute session and didn't work too hard. Just got my heart rate up enough for it to matter and worked my legs enough to get a good sweat going too.

I just hope all this training pays off in the end.

After I decided to be a bit bike geeky and I removed and cleaned the rear cassette then also cleaned the fly wheels on the rear derailiure too. Checked it all out and everything runs really smooth again now.

Now just trying to decide if I should ride to work tomorrow or not, I think that will be a weather and road check in the morning. More miles more hills. Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment