1 Feb 2013

Back on my bike! Hurrah!

Well today was the first day in a very long time (nearly a month), that I was able to get back on my bike and just do a simple straight forward commute too and from work.

It felt great is what I will say about it. After spending a few hours riding a turbo trainer and just doing dull indoor static riding (sweating like a mad man in the process) it just felt so good to be back out on the road.

It is still like the wild west going to work in the morning I must admit. People either don't see you, or just don't care if you are there. You really do have to keep your wits about you and have eyes in the back of your head. I am constantly looking over my shoulders and have to just give cars the room to be stupid in.

That said I still wouldn't have swapped it for anything, even this evening when it was a little damp and dark. I still love just being on my bike and feeling the freedom and agility it brings.

My fitness wasn't as bad as I thought it would be too. I managed to get to work and back without dying and my legs feel ok too.

Now just looking forward to my next outing, further, longer, bigger, harder! Thats what we want. Hurrah!

No comments:

Post a Comment